The positive impact transplant physicians and clinicians have on patients’ lives is often what drives them to – and keeps them in – the profession. But with the fulfillment of helping patients comes the challenges associated with working in a high-stress environment, especially for staff struggling to juggle patient care with administrative tasks.
The demands placed on transplant care teams continue to increase for a number of reasons, including more strict regulatory requirements and inefficient workflows. Minimizing these demands is crucial for a transplant center’s success. Stressed-out clinicians are at risk for developing depressive disorders or other behavioral health conditions, potentially leading them to leave their positions or even the profession.
Transplant programs who recognize staff as their strategic advantage realize the solution for lightening the workload may lie not in biology or medicine but in digital technology. The automated EDITLife data and workflow management system for transplant reduces the burden of time spent on routine-based and documentation-based tasks. EDITLife gives clinicians more time to focus on the most essential task: patient care.
EDITLife’s data management (capturing and organizing transplant-specific data in a centralized, easily accessible database) and data visualization (e.g., automatically generated graphs) and reporting solutions are a necessity for any medical organization trying to mitigate burnout among physicians and other clinical staff. Data visualization tools throughout the application make it easy to quickly identify trends, outliers, etc. Documentation tools in the system help you achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.
Ways that EDITLife lightens the load on transplant care teams (physicians, clinicians, program administrators, etc.) include:
- Scaling capabilities to manage new procedures and processes, such as CAR T-cell procedures.
- Automatically tracking, populating, validating, and e-submitting BMT and CAR-T CIBMTR forms.
- Reducing tedious tasks (such as manual data entry) and errors via automation and interfaces to your EHR and other existing systems.
- Displaying lab and other graphs (auto-generated by the system) inside the application with event indicators/medications for monitoring patient progress.
- Documenting Care Committee meeting information (e.g., attendees and decisions) and exporting this data to the patient record in the EHR via an outbound interface.
- Providing electronic checklists that adhere to your center’s policies and procedures for upholding quality of care standards.
- Auto-generating comprehensive Patient Summaries and other reports for regulatory, administrative, and research purposes.
- Enabling users to quickly and easily build on-demand reports that answer your center’s questions and help you prep for burdensome audits and surveys.
- Streamlining GVHD assessments – e.g., by displaying data from prior forms as a starting point.
- Storing documents (consents, etc.) inside the application reduce time spent “digging for data.”
- Simplifying Protocol and Product Inventory Management.
An important component in providing high-quality patient care is caring for the caregivers. The EDITLife data and clinical workflow system helps reduce and remove many of the burdens placed on transplant staff, allowing them to focus their energy on the patient.
Request an EDITLife demo. See how EDITLife automated, digital technology makes a difference.